Below are details regarding the Pupil Premium in previous academic years.
St Mary’s Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2020-2021
Here at St Mary’s we are committed to ensuring that all children make progress in their learning and development. The school tracks the progress made by all children, as well as some that are considered to be members of “vulnerable groups”. Those identified are:
- Children with SEND.
- Summer born children.
- Children with English as an additional language.
- Those who are eligible for free school meals.
- Children in Local Authority care.
- Children who did not access home learning during lockdown (Covid - closure) periods.
The Pupil Premium funding is used to directly target the progress of specific pupils. This has been done through strategic planning and continuous evaluation of the provision which includes:
- Employment of staff to deliver high quality intervention strategies.
- Summer School 2020.
- Easter School 2021.
- The purchase of resources to tackle specific learning needs.
- Resources to tackle poor attendance.
- The professional development of key members of the teaching team.
- Ensuring access to learning opportunities for all children and families.
- Acquisition of “Character Education” resources.